MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTS ABOUT THE FINANCIAL CRISIS, REAL ESTATE, MORTGAGES AND OTHER RAMBLINGS



Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Vacation House Swapping - The Modern Day Way to Get Away...

So, I am reading this article on YahooFinance! about the kid that, through a series of trades on Craigslist - started trading an outdated cell phone and ended up with Porsche.

Nice...!! I like cars, so naturally I am going to read the article. Kudos to the kid for having so much business prowess at such a young age.

But, that's not really what caught my eye. The article goes on to mention something very interesting:

Vacation House Swapping.

It is becoming more and more popular since the economy has basically tanked. Instead of people booking a hotel for vacation, they are swapping homes with others in their destination city.

I do not know how simple this would be for me, but I think a lot of families would really reap the benefit of savings from the cost of hotel accommodations versus house swapping.

Go to this website for instructions on how to swap vacation homes using CraigsList. The rules appear to be simple. Look for someone who wants to swap. Get to know that person beyond email. Talk to them on the phone. Remove valuables, ask neighbors to watch, then SWAP !

Now, that was easy...

No comments:

Post a Comment